South Yorkshire Times October 23, 1948
Miss E. Maclean (Kilnhurst) and Mr. A. Pemberton (Conisbrough)
The wedding took place at Kilnhurst Parish Church on Saturday, the Rev. W. B. Fletcher officiating, of Miss Edith Maclean, younger daughter of Mr. and Mrs. R. Maclean, of 2, Thorn Road, Kilnhurst, and Mr. Albert Pemberton, younger son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Pemberton, of 36, Northcliffe Road, Conisbrough.
The bride, given away by her father, was in a Hartnell gown of ivory figured brocade with long train and veil held by orange blossom. She carried pink carnations and was attended by her sisters, Miss Bessie Maclean and Mrs. Mary Sherratt in dusky pink dresses of crepe with silver head-dresses and carrying white chrysanthemums
Mr. Cyril Hirst was best man and Messrs. Raymond Whaley and Geoffrey Parkin were groomsmen. The bride’s mother wore a blue-grey dress with black accessories and the bridegroom’s aunt was in a floral dress with tan coat.