Mexborough & Swinton Times, February 12, 1916
Mr and Mrs William Wadsworth
Mr and Mrs Wadsworth of 39 Hooton Road, Kilnhurst, who have just celebrated their Golden wedding.
Mr Wadsworth is a member of an old Wckersley family and Mrs Wadsworth was the daughter of Mr and Mrs Joseph Cuckson, of Kilnhurst. They were married at Kilnhurst Parish Church on January 27th 1866.
Mr Wadsworth, for nearly 40 years was employed at the Thryberghh Hall Colliery, superintendent of the loading of canal boats. Prior to that he was employed at the old Wilson’s Forge.
Mr and Mrs Wilson have lived at their present home for 36 years, and have had only one landlord in 49 years.